About the role
SkySync is an enterprise integration and orchestration platform enabling organizations to maximize business value and productivity from their content. SkySync is looking for high-energy, driven professionals with sound business acumen, technical accounting expertise and strong reporting skills to join our Accounting and Finance team. Ideal candidates should be eager to advance in our organization by demonstrating their ability to be tenacious self-starters every day. SkySync offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and outstanding leadership to position SkySync for success and take your career to the next level!
You’ll work with the Controller and CFO/COO on day-to-day accounting, human resources, operations and special projects. This job will be on-site with a future opportunity for 2-3 days of remote work per week.
You’ll be doing a lot of this:
- ASC 606 revenue recognition through NetSuite system
- Cash collections
- Accounts payable
- Assist with month-end close process
- Working with auditors on various requests
- Managing the human resources information system (HRIS) and various associated processes
- Preparation of payroll
- Assist with various compliance requirements
- Special projects to optimize workflow and accuracy
- Process and control documentation
- Assist in the creation of monthly reporting packages
- Assist in developing KPIs and dashboard
So you should have this:
- Recent graduate with a passion for learning and the ability to multi-task; or, 1-2+ years accounting, financial reporting experience
- Preferred experience in software ASC 606 Revenue Recognition Accounting
- Preferred experience working with SaaS and/or enterprise software companies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting/ Finance
- Experience with NetSuite – Preferred
- Must be highly proficient using Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A proactive person has sharp decision-making skills and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency
- Self-starter with strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods
This position is an excellent fit for you if you like collaborating with a team on solving problems, looking to gain real-world experience, and want to gain experience in a start-up environment.
Qualities Needed for Success
Excellent listening, writing, and professional communication skills are a must. You should be able to demonstrate proficiency in most of the duties and responsibilities listed above. In our fast-paced world, a great attitude combined with enthusiasm is key to individual success, along with embodying our entrepreneurial spirit.
SkySync is a rapidly evolving, fast-paced, venture-backed software innovator based in the Ann Arbor tech cluster with remote team members in all US time zones. Our sharp and innovative workforce excels at managing our customers’ data governance, data migration, synchronization, and orchestration challenges like no other in our space and we have new product opportunities taking us toward a period of rapid growth.
How to apply
If interested, please apply here.