SkySync is a rapidly evolving, fast-paced, venture-backed software innovator based in the Ann Arbor tech cluster with remote staff in all US time zones. Our workforce excels at data governance and managing our customer’s data orchestration challenges like no other in our space and we have new product opportunities taking us toward a period of rapid growth in Enterprise Data Management.
About the Role
Our QA Manager directs SkySync testing efforts and implements best practices. This position implements best practices and makes tough calls about quality and release readiness. In addition, the manager needs to influence and lead, both by directing QA staff and coordinating with other teams to maintain quality. A large element of the job is working with the Sustaining Engineering team to triage customer issues effectively and make sure fixes get communicated well. We work remotely, so strong communication skills and self-motivation are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the test team to manage test plans and coordinate work in Confluence and Jira
- Implement and train the team on Agile testing principles and contribute test strategy during sprint planning
- With Dev Ops, help maintain test environment infrastructure and deployment schedule using AWS and TeamCity
- Update Postman collections and ensure they are kept current with new endpoints so other departments can benefit from them
- Manage all test release activities; ensure test plans are available in advance so all team members can contribute
- Track and monitor all high and critical bugs in the backlog; communicate impact and advocate for when a bug should be resolved (severity/priority)
- Manage QA staff, performing reviews, onboarding, and hiring activities
In addition to the above responsibilities, the QA Manager will assist with regular Quality Assurance tasks as needed, including:
- Execute all levels of testing (Install, Smoke, Feature, Integration, end-to-end and Regression)
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies using Jira
- Recreate and triage issues that have been escalated from level 1 support
- Use tools such as Postman and Fiddler to analyze ReST calls and environmental variables
- Understand and apply security best practices in testing
- Assist with documenting best practices, known issues, and FAQs for customers
- 5+ years experience in enterprise software QA, including 3+ years as a QA Manager or lead.
- Familiarity with cloud storage, ECM platforms and network file systems
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Understanding of QA process for software development, debugging and release
- Basic knowledge of databases/SQL, ReST interfaces, and test scripting
- Knowledge of and ability to direct test automation
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills and ability to influence without authority.
This position is a great fit for you if you like working in a company where quality is taken seriously, if you like working with dedicated and very smart developers, and you can handle a mix of hands-on and managerial work.
This position is not a great fit for you if you like large organization stability, extensive hierarchies or matrix organizations, and a relatively unchanging set of duties and responsibilities. You also prefer environments that have a low level of distraction with many others in the organization to help you. You avoid conflict and making difficult decisions.
Qualities Needed for Success
Excellent analytical, listening and people skills are a must. You should be able to demonstrate capability in a majority of, if not all, the duties and responsibilities above. You can show experience managing QA teams with specific Best Practices in mind for directing our quality practices.
How to apply
If interested, please apply here.