About the Company
SkySync is a rapidly evolving, fast-paced, venture-backed software innovator based in the Ann Arbor tech cluster with remote staff in all US time zones. Our workforce excels at data governance and managing our customer’s data orchestration challenges like no other in our space and we have new product opportunities taking us toward a period of rapid growth in Enterprise Data Management.
About the Role
We’re committed to providing our customers with innovative, robust and secure solutions for managing their content across any platform. To that end, we are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Tester. We need someone who has experience with digital platforms such as Microsoft SharePoint or Google Workplace and can set up and execute complex tests for our feature-rich application. This is not a position for someone new to QA, as our staff handles complex testing, triaging reported issues, and is a full participant in our Agile workflow. We work remotely, so strong communication skills and self-motivation are a must.
Hiring in the following states:
Michigan, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, Washington
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the test team to create and follow test plans, updating results in Confluence and JIRA
- Plan test activity for specific User Stories, and coordinate with developers on testing specific items
- Understand Agile testing principles and contribute to QA process improvement
- Develop test plans, procedures and scripts (manual and automated) based on system and software requirements
- Use Postman, Fiddler, JSON, basic SQL queries, and VM configurations to complete test activities across various platforms
- Track and monitor all high and critical bugs in the backlog; communicate impact and advocate for when a bug should be resolved (severity/priority)
- Execute all levels of testing (Install, Smoke, Feature, Integration, end-to-end and Regression)
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies using Jira
- Recreate and triage issues that have been escalated from level 1 support
- Understand and apply security best practices in testing
- Assist with documenting best practices, known issues, and FAQs for customers
- 5+ years QA experience, with a mix of manual and automated testing
- 2+ years using JSON and tools like Postman
- Familiarity with cloud providers, ECM platforms and network file systems
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Understanding of QA process for software development in an Agile environment
- Basic knowledge of Postgres/SQL, ReST interfaces, and test scripting/automation
- Experience creating and testing on Virtual Machines
- Have worked remotely and with remote teams
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with C# programming and JAVA
- Experience with GitHub and TeamCity
This position is a great fit for you if you like working in a company where quality is taken seriously; working with dedicated and very smart developers; if you like detailed work and are comfortable with exploratory and back-end testing, not just UI testing. You can handle the challenge of a complex product and testing that is heavily dependent on external platforms.
This position is not a great fit for you if you like large organization stability, extensive hierarchies or matrix organizations, and a relatively unchanging set of duties and responsibilities. You also prefer environments that have a low level of distraction with huge teams to help you. You only see one right way to solve a problem.
How to apply
If interested, please apply here.