SkySync is a rapidly evolving, fast-paced, venture-backed software innovator based in the Ann Arbor tech cluster with remote Syncopaths in all US time zones. Our sharp and innovative workforce excels at managing our customers’ data migration, synchronization, and orchestration challenges like no other in our space, and we have new product opportunities taking us toward a period of rapid growth in enterprise data management.
About the Role
SkySync is seeking a Sales Engineer to join our growing Sales organization. The Sales Engineer will report directly to the Director of Sales Engineering, with a dotted line responsibility to the Account Executive(s) that they are supporting.
As a Sales Engineer, you will be expected to partner with and support the Sales organization to identify and develop existing business and help close new business with mid-market and Enterprise clients. You will provide pre-sales support, advance the technical sales agenda, and ensure that prospects and existing customers have the right technical solutions to meet their needs. This role will allow you to influence the way the customers utilize our products and technologies on a day-day and strategic basis.
- Participate in sales calls to support the technical sales agenda and enhance the customer experience with mid-market and Enterprise customers
- Understand customer requirements, their business challenges and design innovative technical solutions and translate their needs into a compelling vision
- Deliver story-driven demonstrations that showcase the benefits and competitive advantages of SkySync products and technologies
- Conduct custom Proof of Concept evaluations to implement software and demonstrate the ability to meet client objectives
- Collaborate with Professional Services to ensure that the post-sales services/implementation are aligned with the technical solutions that were proposed during the pre-sale stages
- Support the Sales Team to respond to RFIs and RFPs
- Support the Sales Team to respond to Information Security Questionnaires
- Perform competitive research as assigned to assist with the sales cycle and client retention efforts
- Provide Product Management teams with client feedback and suggestions to enhance product capabilities and features
- Support Sales and Marketing in production of high-quality sales proposals and supporting assets
- Provide sales support at User’s Conferences, Regional Seminars, and other events
- Detail-oriented and can focus on the right messaging
- Independent self-starter and fast learner
- Used to supporting multiple Account Executives needs and prioritizing tasks effectively
- An effective, clear, and concise communicator. Ability to relay technical concepts to non-technical audience and vice-versa
- Not afraid to jump into technical details and solve problems
- Experienced with SaaS/web technology and have worked in Sales Engineer or solution implementation teams
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in the technology industry, ideally in an Enterprise Cloud-based Software company
- Experience selling, configuring, and delivering engaging software demonstrations
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to mid-level and Enterprise companies
- Strong written, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to translate technical topics and solutions in simple language to a variety of audiences
- Working knowledge of web applications and their architecture and design
- Experience working with .Net technologies, HTML, and API integrations
- Ability to travel, up to 25%
- Previous experience working with Content Management Systems and EFSS platforms
- Previous experience working with Workplace Modernization technologies in the Microsoft 365 ecosystem
- Previous industry experience and understanding in Data Governance and Classification
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to build relationships across stakeholders in Marketing, Product Management and Engineering
- Strong entrepreneurial skills to excel in a complex and rapidly evolving environment
- Have experience creating tools/processes for Sales or SE enablement
This position is a great fit for you if you have strong opinions and you can back them up with sound reasoned arguments; thrive in an environment that allows you the freedom to work remotely and with schedule flexibility; enjoy working in a company where quality is taken seriously; can work well with dedicated and talented sales professionals.
This position is not a great fit for you if you like large organization stability, extensive hierarchies or matrix organizations, and a relatively unchanging set of duties and responsibilities; also, if you prefer environments that have a low level of distraction with huge teams to help you.
How to apply
If interested, please apply here.