SkySync is a rapidly evolving, fast-paced, venture-backed software innovator based in the Ann Arbor tech cluster with remote Syncopaths in all U.S. time zones. Our workforce excels at managing our customer’s data migration, synchronization, and orchestration challenges like no other in our space, and we have new opportunities taking us toward a period of rapid growth. We’re committed to providing our customers with innovative, robust and secure solutions for managing their content across any platform. We work remotely, so strong communication skills and self-motivation are a must.
We need someone who understands digital platforms such as Microsoft SharePoint or Google Gsuite and is an expert in designing scalable and maintainable test automation. This individual will work closely with the Development Lead and Technical Director to understand the architecture of the application to best devise how to build reliable Unit, Integration, and Acceptance tests utilizing our TeamCity framework. Finally, the ideal candidate will have the technical skills and knowledge to work closely with developers and architects to suggest better ways to implement high-quality code.
Hiring in the following states: Michigan, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, Washington
What you are good at:
- Working in current architecture and implementing, maintaining, and performing test automation, tooling, deployment, and measurement frameworks
- Participating across DevOps and Agile teams – full lifecycle – including design, planning, backlog grooming, testing and support
- Develop CI/CD pipelines for execution of test automation
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components
- Work with the development team to understand the application architecture in order to access risk and integration points in order to develop good test cases
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes
- Managing and prioritizing your tasks within multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Contributing Quality tooling and test scripting for every production release
- Experience with CI|CD Tools: TeamCity, Postman, Jira, and GitHub
- 3-5 years of experience in Test Automation frameworks in Agile
- Experience in assisting in the design of a scalable and maintainable automation framework and testing of RESTful Web Services
- Strong understanding of proper automation coverage (unit, functional, regression) and code coverage tools (SonarQube)
- Strong programming knowledge and experience in Object-Oriented languages (C# and JAVA)
- Experience using JSON
- Experience with Postgres and SQL
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to technically communicate with Application Architects, Development, QA peers and Business partners
- Flexibility with acting as the Lead Automation Engineer across multiple scrum teams
- Experience in unit, functional, integration, performance, and security testing
- Have worked remotely and with remote teams
This position is a great fit for you if you like working with dedicated and talented developers; if you like detailed work and are comfortable with building automation frameworks for back-end testing, not just UI testing; you can handle the challenge of a complex product and validation that is heavily dependent on external platforms; if you have the thought process of, “If I have to do this more than once I’m going to automate it!”
This position is not a great fit for you if you like large organization stability, extensive hierarchies or matrix organizations, and a relatively unchanging set of duties and responsibilities. Also if you prefer environments that have a low level of distraction with huge teams to help you.
How to apply
If interested, please apply here.