SkySync is a dynamic, fast-paced, venture-backed software innovator based in the Ann Arbor tech cluster, with remote Syncopaths in all US time zones. Our quirky and unique workforce excels at managing our customer’s content migration, synchronization, and orchestration challenges like no other in our space. We are poised for rapid growth and need an experienced Software Developer II to be a member of the Sustaining Team and utilize their technical skill set and problem-solving abilities to extend our product and address issues reported by our services teams. Because of the complexity of the product, engineers regularly work with client services, sales engineers, and customers to puzzle out specific challenges and business use cases. This is a US based position only.
We use a TDD approach and our process adds an emphasis on code reviews and collaboration.
You’ll work on full-stack components including UI/UX, API integration, SDK, and extensions for our next generation synchronization and migration framework. Using an Agile approach, engineers are involved in the full lifecycle of code design, delivery, automation and extension.
Software Developers are required to be self-starters capable of working independently with minimal management oversight. Because we work remotely, good written and oral communication skills are a must.
You’ll be doing a lot of this:
- Assisting the sustaining/maintenance team with all aspects of software design and coding.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Working on bug fixes.
- Collaborating with other developers.
- Respond to issues escalated from customers and support team members.
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Conducting development tests.
- Other duties as assigned.
So you should have this:
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- Knowledge of cloud-based APIs and web-based APIs (REST, Web Services).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think critically while solving problems in a rapidly changing product.
- Experience working in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
This position is a great fit for you if you like collaborating with a team on solving new problems with your experience-based knowledge. Knowing how to engage with new challenges on a daily basis and handle competing priorities is a must.
This position is not a great fit for you if you like established processes for every situation or a static set of duties and responsibilities.
Qualities Needed for Success
Excellent listening, writing, and professional communication skills are a must. You should be able to demonstrate proficiency in most of the duties and responsibilities listed above. In our fast-paced world, a great attitude combined with enthusiasm is key to individual success along with embodying our entrepreneurial spirit.