SkySync is a dynamic, fast-paced, venture-backed software innovator based in the Ann Arbor tech cluster, with remote Syncopaths in all US time zones. Our quirky and unique workforce excels at managing our customers’ content migration, synchronization, and orchestration challenges like no other in our space. We are poised for rapid growth and need a Machine Learning Engineer to contribute to building a large-scale machine learning, natural language processing (NLP) system, and developing our understanding of the data we encounter. This role will be a cross between an ML/NLP researcher and a software engineer, and good candidates will have prior experience doing both. We are looking for someone from the southeastern Michigan area and preference will be given to candidates within this geographic location.
You’ll be doing a lot of this:
- Rapidly iterating over different techniques in a solution space, and effectively analyzing the performance of models on various tasks
- Contributing to several large-scale production machine learning and natural language processing efforts
- Developing and building guidelines for evaluation datasets
- Understanding the decision-making process, workflows, and business and information needs of business unit heads and service manager/owners
- Translating business needs into analytics/reporting requirements to support executive decisions and workflows with the required information
- Visualizing information and developing engaging reports on the results of experiments
- Advising product teams on new products, features or updates through evidence-based recommendations
- Supporting user experience specialists and information architects to enhance information visualization through the development of dashboards and user interfaces
- Distributing best practices to analytics and product teams and provides consultations for their data-based experimentations
- Other duties as assigned
So you should have this:
- Up-to-date knowledge of machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), and data analytics tools and techniques
- Strong knowledge of Python, and related machine learning tools (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Strong experience with Docker, AWS
- Familiarity with current SOTA NLP models like BERT
- 4+ years of work experience with Python and machine learning
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies on the job
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience building and deploying predictive models, web scraping, and scalable data pipelines
- Master’s degree or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, statistics, or related fields preferred
- Ability to think critically while solving problems in a rapidly changing product
Nice to have:
- Publications from ML/NLP venues such as ACL, NAACL, EMNLP, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR
This position is a great fit for you if you like keeping up with the cutting edge of machine learning and NLP and helping build a position and product from the ground up. Knowing how to engage with new challenges daily and handle competing priorities is a must.
This position is not a great fit for you if you like established processes for every situation or a static set of duties and responsibilities.
Qualities Needed for Success
Excellent listening, writing, and professional communication skills are a must. You should be able to demonstrate proficiency in most of the duties and responsibilities listed above. In our fast-paced world, a great attitude combined with enthusiasm is key to individual success along with embodying our entrepreneurial spirit.