SkySync is a dynamic, fast-paced, venture-backed software innovator based in the Ann Arbor tech cluster, with remote Syncopaths in all US time zones. Our high-performing and unique workforce excels at managing our customer’s content migration, synchronization, and orchestration challenges like no other in our space. We’re committed to providing our customers with innovative, robust, and secure solutions for managing their content across any platform. This is a US-based position only.
We are poised for rapid growth and need a Senior Project Manager, who understands digital platforms such as Microsoft SharePoint and Google GSuite, to manage implementations of our product and content migration projects for some of the world’s largest companies. We work remotely, so strong communication skills are a must.
You will have the overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, staff allocation, outside vendors, and contractual deliverables for multiple enterprise projects. In addition to making sure your projects stay on track, you’ll be responsible for communicating status and risks to appropriate stakeholders, and escalating issues as appropriate.
Although our product is complex and the engagements with customers and partners are technical, our PMs work alongside Solutions Architects so you never have to carry the technical weight of a project.
You’ll be doing a lot of this:
- Serve as primary project point of contact to plan, develop, manage, and implement migration, sync, and classification projects. You will work on multiple projects at the same time
- Coordinate resources and deliverables with partners, internal resources, and customer representatives
- Communicate project status in a proactive and comprehensive way, taking ownership for customer success and project delivery
- Understand the key tenants of the SkySync product and the content management domain to speak with authority on project issues
- Identify scope changes that require formal Change Requests, then create and deliver the CR to the customer
- Develop project plans, measure performance, and track costs against plan
- Collaborate with stakeholders to address project issues and reduce churn
- Other duties as assigned
So you should have this:
- Extensive experience of technical Project Management Experience (minimum 5 years)
- Strong familiarity with Professional Services project management
- Willingness to say “no”, to escalate issues, and engage in difficult negotiations with customers and partners
- Ability to de-escalate situations, and work under stress and time pressure
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Knowledge of Project Management best practices, tools and methodologies
- Ability to learn new technologies and industries quickly
- Familiarity with project planning tools, hours tracking and budgeting tools
- Experience with JIRA and Agile software development processes
- Analytical skills, especially as applied to review Statements of Work for risks or needed revisions
- PMP certification is nice but not necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think critically while solving problems in a rapidly changing product
- Experience working in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
This position is a great fit for you if you like delivering solutions for large customers, working with a highly engaged and competent team supporting you. You’re creative and adaptable in driving toward a successful and on-time project.
This position is not a great fit for you if you like to avoid conflict or have everyone like you all the time. You struggle to communicate or understand requirements. You like to work in a single-threaded way and only manage one project at a time.
Qualities Needed for Success
Excellent listening, writing, and professional communication skills are a must. You should be able to demonstrate proficiency in most of the duties and responsibilities listed above. In our fast-paced world, a great attitude combined with enthusiasm is key to individual success along with embodying our entrepreneurial spirit.