SkySync is a dynamic, fast-paced, venture-backed software innovator based in the Ann Arbor tech cluster, with remote Syncopaths in all US time zones. Our quirky and unique workforce excels at managing our customers’ content migration, synchronization, and orchestration challenges like no other in our space. We are poised for rapid growth and need a Data Scientist to contribute to building and developing our understanding of the data we encounter. We are looking for someone from the southeastern Michigan area and preference will be given to candidates within this geographic location.
You’ll be doing a lot of this:
- Understanding the decision-making process, workflows, and business and information needs of business unit heads and service manager/owners
- Translating business needs into analytics/reporting requirements to support executive decisions and workflows with required information
- Proactively mining data warehouses to identify trends and patterns and generating insights for business units and senior leadership
- Performing large-scale experimentation to identify hidden relationships between variables in large datasets
- Researching and implementing cutting-edge techniques and tools in machine learning/ deep learning/ artificial intelligence to make data analysis more efficient
- Determining requirements that will be used to train and evolve deep learning models and algorithms
- Visualizing information and developing engaging reports on the results of data analysis using data visualization tools
- Advising product teams on new products, features or updates through data-based recommendations
- Developing frameworks and processes to analyze unstructured information collected through social media platforms i.e., wikis, blogs, instant messaging, etc. and traditional sources such as e-mail and SharePoint
- Supporting user experience specialists and information architects to enhance information visualization through the development of dashboards and user interfaces
- Distributing best practices to analytics and product teams and provides consultations for their data-based experimentations
- Other duties as assigned
So you should have this:
- Up-to-date knowledge of machine learning and data analytics tools and techniques
- Strong knowledge in predictive modeling methodology
- Experience at leveraging both structured and unstructured data sources
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies on the job
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience using statistics and machine learning to solve complex business problems
- Experience conducting statistical analysis with advanced statistical software, scripting languages, and packages
- Experience with big data analysis tools and techniques
- Experience building and deploying predictive models, web scraping, and scalable data pipelines
- Master’s degree or PhD in computer science, statistics, economics or related fields
- Ability to think critically while solving problems in a rapidly changing product
This position is a great fit for you if you like keeping up with the cutting edge of data science and helping build a position from the ground up. Knowing how to engage with new challenges daily and handle competing priorities is a must.
This position is not a great fit for you if you like established processes for every situation or a static set of duties and responsibilities.
Qualities Needed for Success
Excellent listening, writing, and professional communication skills are a must. You should be able to demonstrate proficiency in most of the duties and responsibilities listed above. In our fast-paced world, a great attitude combined with enthusiasm is key to individual success along with embodying our entrepreneurial spirit.