About the Company
SkySync is a rapidly evolving, fast-paced, venture-backed software innovator based in the Ann Arbor tech cluster with remote Syncopaths in all US time zones. Our quirky and unique workforce excels at managing our customer’s content migration, synchronization, and orchestration challenges like no other in our space.
We are experiencing rapid growth and seeking a Senior Solutions Architect (SA). The SA position is responsible for designing, architecting, and implementing solutions for large-scale enterprise clients. You could be deploying SkySync solutions as a lead or as part of a team depending on the scope of the project. You must be able to lead clients through the project lifecycle, architecting and implementation their solution with confidence and precision. Projecting confidence our solutions is key and you’ll need the ability to handle challenging situations on the fly.
Although this is similar to a classic “software services” role, at SkySync the travel is minimal (estimated at 5%) and the work/life balance tilts noticeably toward “life,” although some overtime is required based on the needs of a client or project.
The SA is the client-facing representative of SkySync. Your primary goal is client satisfaction so professionalism and technical competence are vital skills for any SA. Other areas of experience include knowledge of Content Management (ECM, OCR, Cloud Content Management) platforms. Knowledge of AI and machine learning technologies will be helpful for projects on our roadmap.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Solutions Architect is the liason between the client and SkySync. Along with the other Sr. SAs, you help set the technical direction for the team. You will need to be able to effectively communicate with people who have varying levels of expertise from non-technical personnel through senior engineers.
The Senior Solutions Architect will have the following responsibilities:
- Implement solutions for large enterprise clients including Solution Design, Planning, Installation, Configuration, Remediation and Validation
- Create documentation as needed to supplement core product documentation
- Troubleshoot and test features and fixes for your clients
- Ensure project is deployed smoothly and with confidence
- Lead and/or participate in presales activities
- Establish trusted technical advisor relationship with customers
- Contribute to the development of standardized processes and best practices
- Review project estimates and statements of work, escalating issues as needed
- Create architectural diagrams
- Interface with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Support
- 10+ years professional services experience
- Be a technical leader providing new ideas to solve complex problems
- Digital Transformation, OCR Conversation, Content Migration OR Data Migration Experience highly desired
- Understanding of line of business systems and back-end systems integration
- Excellent presentation skills across a variety of audiences and situations
- The ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Good communication skills
- Adaptability under stress / adversity
- Basic project management skills
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow-through with clients
- Knowledge of document repositories such as SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Box, Dropbox for Business, GSuite
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud-based platforms, Azure and AWS
- Basic PowerShell scripting ability or equivalent coding experience
- Advanced data and SQL experience with Sql Server and PostGreSql
An added bonus if you have experience in the following areas:
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- Data Security
- Data Privacy
- DLP (Data Loss Prevention)
- Data Classification
- Data Governance
- Information Protection
- Security Compliance
- Data Protection
The following software experience is also a plus:
- Forcepoint DLP
- McAfee DLP
- Symantec DLP
- Zscaler DLP
- Titus Data Classification
- Boldon James Data Classification
- Varonis Data Classification
- Veritas Data Insight
- Microsoft Office 365 Advanced Compliance
- Digital Guardian
This position is a great fit for you if you like to solve complex problems. You are detail-oriented, have creativity, and think critically. You also know how to handle competing priorities, potential distractions, and differing points of view. You empathize with clients and have a passion for delivering great user experiences.
This position is not a great fit for you like large organization stability, extensive hierarchies or matrix organizations, and a relatively unchanging set of duties and responsibilities. You also prefer environments which have a low level of distraction with many others in the organization to help you. You avoid conflict and making difficult decisions.
Qualities Needed for Success
Excellent analytical, listening and people skills are a must. You should be able to demonstrate capability in a majority of, if not all, the duties and responsibilities above. You should be multi-disciplined and able to show an ability to learn new people-specific and technical skills quickly.