Learn how enterprise file migration and data management
empowers your business.
Delivering a robust data management framework, the platform streamlines oversight and governance by automating the movement, actions and labeling of unstructured data controlled by a unified set of configurable rules.
Companies can enforce corporate and regulatory policies driven by configurable rules which are automatically applied to content—negating the reliance upon manual input from users.
Compliance risk oversight and control
Based upon the classification, customizable actions may be automatically triggered—a unique sequence of rules can be configured to perform one or many tasks depending on the governance policy. With an array of powerful actions available out-of-the-box, you can implement controls to notify, quarantine, remediate, and integrate data governance across your infrastructure.
For other uses, SkySync’s system developer toolkit [SDK] can be leveraged to create custom actions within Microsoft’s Information Protection [MIP] service, ServiceNow [ticketing system], Vera, Microsoft, and Symantec Encryption for Information Rights Management [IRM] and/or Digital Rights Management [DRM]—as well as trigger workflows within 3rd party document management systems.
Configurable policy rules
The main task in classifying content in a policy is knowing the rules of what causes unstructured data to be placed into a group. Many organizations have defined classifications as part of their content policies, along with written guidelines for users to consider when making decisions on asset classification.
SkySync supports this with an extensive out-of-the-box entity library, A.I. modules, and the ability to extend and customize both. Define the classification rules to meet your organizations’ business needs regarding specific policies, guidelines, regulations, and use cases as necessary.
Streamline automation for comprehensive data governance
- Specify any number of automated actions to apply to files, permissions settings, other systems
- Files may be encrypted, locked, or segregated, and file permissions, metadata or sharing rights may be updated
- Files may be automatically moved and organized to specific repositories or geo-locations to meet GDPR and similar compliance mandates or organizational requirements
Enhance data insight across key departments
- Real-time notifications ensure all stakeholders are up to date to all alerts, changes or actions executed by the system
- Notifications can be sent via email, text [or optional Microsoft Teams or Slack channels]
- SkySync can integrate into your existing notification or security center applications
of organizations lack data governance, leaving them open to litigation and data security risks