As organizations consider migrating content to SharePoint Online, it is important to understand that there are many business and technical considerations that can affect the quality and the duration of the migration. This article will identify and address a few key concepts that, if properly understood, can improve any migration to SharePoint Online.
- Knowing Your Data
- Understand and Prepare for Records Management and Content Disposition
- Process Improvement
- Phased, Slow Walk Migration
- Migration Duration
- Demonstrate Value & Get Buy-In from Stakeholders
- Fully Understand Your Storage Environment
- Exclude Unnecessary Content
- Architect Your SharePoint Environment Before Moving Content
- Choosing Your Migration Method
- Pilot Test Your Migration With Early Adopters
- And Much More
Download the Technical component of this two-part White Paper Series discussing migrating to SharePoint Online, and learn how organizations can manage hybrid On-Prem and Cloud solutions.